In today's digital age, online shopping has become a convenient and popular way to buy everything- be it clothes, groceries, electronics, booking travel tickets and much more.
While online shopping offers convenience and a wide range of choices, it's also essential to make secure transactions and get the most out of your purchases. This is where having the right credit card can make a significant difference in your life.
Credit cards in India offer various benefits such as cashback, rewards, and discounts, that can help you save money and enjoy a hassle-free shopping experience.
Did you know that on the ZET app, you can find a variety of credit cards that give you special rewards when you shop online? What’s more, you can earn money by selling credit cards on ZET too.
In this blog, we'll explore the best credit cards in India for online shopping in 2024, making your online shopping experience not only enjoyable but also rewarding.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card
If you're a frequent online shopper, then this credit card is tailored just for you. It offers a range of benefits, including:
- Welcome Benefits: This card offers you complimentary annual membership of Club Marriott, Forbes, Amazon Prime, Swiggy One, MMT BLACK and Times Prime
- Reward Points: You can earn 5 reward points for every ₹150 spent and these points can be redeemed for a variety of gifts and vouchers.
- Online Shopping Benefits: Get up to 10X reward points on select online partners like Amazon, Flipkart and more.
- Lounge Access: Apart from online shopping, if you love to travel, this card also provides you with complimentary lounge access at airports.
- Additional Perks: Golf privileges, concierge services, and a generous renewal fee waiver.
SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
This credit card is made especially for people who shop online a lot. It's a great option if you buy things on the internet often. Key features include:
- Welcome Benefits: Get FREE Amazon gift voucher worth ₹500
- Reward Points: You can earn accelerated reward points when you shop at popular online retailers including Amazon, Flipkart and more.
- Annual Fee Waiver: If you spend ≥ ₹1,00,000 within a year, you can enjoy an annual fee waiver.
- Fuel surcharge waiver: Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on purchase above ₹500
ICICI Bank Amazon Pay Credit Card
If you're a regular Amazon shopper, this credit card might be your ideal choice. Here's what it offers:
- Reward Points: You earn reward points not only on Amazon but also on other online and offline spending.
- Cashback: This card provides cashback as Amazon Pay balance, which can be easily used for future purchases on the platform.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Enjoy a waiver on fuel surcharge when you fill up your vehicle's tank.
- No Annual Fee: This card doesn't have an annual fee, making it a cost-effective option.
Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card
If you're a fan of Flipkart, this credit card is designed with you in mind:
- Discounts and Rewards: Earn Flipkart Supercoins, which can be used for discounts on Flipkart and partner websites.
- Lounge Access: You can earn 4 complimentary lounge visits to select airport lounges within India per calendar year
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% fuel surcharge waiver (maximum ₹400 per statement cycle) on fuel transactions between ₹400 and ₹4,000
- Joining Benefits: Get Flipkart vouchers when you join and make your first purchase.
Citibank Cashback Credit Card
This credit card is known for its simplicity and generous cashback rewards. You will get:
- Cashback on All Purchases: Earn cashback on all your online and offline purchases, ensuring you save on every transaction.
- Dining Benefits: Enjoy dining discounts at partner restaurants.
- EMI Options: Convert your online shopping bills into easy EMIs with this card.
Tips for Choosing the Right Credit Card
Choosing the best credit card for your online shopping needs requires careful consideration. Here are some essential tips:
- Analyze Your Spending Habit: Understand where you spend the most online. Is it on e-commerce websites, food delivery apps, or travel bookings? Choose a card that offers the most benefits in those categories.
- Annual Fees: Consider whether you're comfortable paying an annual fee. Some cards offer fee waivers based on spending thresholds.
- Interest Rates: While rewards are enticing, don't forget to check the interest rates. It's essential to pay your credit card bills on time to avoid high-interest charges.
- Joining Bonuses: Many credit cards offer attractive joining bonuses. Look for cards that provide valuable perks when you sign up.
- Additional Benefits: Beyond rewards, consider other benefits such as lounge access, insurance coverage, and concierge services.
- Redemption Options: Check how easily you can redeem your rewards. Some cards offer straightforward redemption processes, while others may be more complex.
- Customer Support: Ensure that the credit card issuer provides reliable customer support and has a strong presence in your area.
Still confused? Take a look at the ZET app. It helps you find the perfect shopping credit card that suits you best. You can apply for that card and enjoy all its benefits.
How can I apply online for a shopping credit card in India for 2024?
You can apply online for a shopping credit card using the ZET app. You will typically need to fill out an application form, provide the required documents, and meet the bank's eligibility criteria.
Can I get a credit card if I have a low credit score?
It may be challenging to get a premium credit card with a low credit score. However, some banks offer credit cards specifically designed for individuals with lower credit scores. These cards may have fewer rewards and benefits.
How do I maximize the benefits of my credit card for online shopping?
To make the most of your credit card, use it for all your online purchases, pay your bills on time, and keep an eye on special promotions and offers from the card issuer. This way, you can maximize your rewards and savings.
Remember that the terms and conditions of credit cards can change, so it's important to check with the respective bank for the most up-to-date information before applying.